• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 822 electrical problems  (Read 312 times)

damengineer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • That Dam Engineer LLC
Re: 822 electrical problems
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 10:58:11 PM »
My 825 has a hood decal stating 822.  I replaced the ignition switch and the interlock relay.  The grounding switch was disconnected at the time.  I smelled something burning and the series/parallel switch was smoking...   I have'nt figured out what caused this.........  The wiring is really a pain.  The wires all look the same color.  I have not really found a wiring diagram that fits the tractor.  The one on page A5-9E appears to be the closest....   Has anyone had experience with the wiring on these??   I have a spare series/[arallel switch.  If this does not fix it then I am going to have to rewire it to 24V start with the gauges running on 12V.  I have a 24v self exciting alternator.  I really don't want to go to all that work right now as I will have to remove the loader to do all that work.  Hanging over the side of the loader is not fun..
  • MTZ 1220 w/ Kr-34 loader, Belarus 8345 w/ Koyker loader, Belarus 825 w/ Memo loader, White 2-105, Case 1270,
If your not leading the pack, the view is always the same!!

damengineer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • That Dam Engineer LLC
Re: 822 electrical problems
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 05:59:49 PM »
I have changed the keyed starter switch on the dash but the starer will not crank.  When started, the indicator light on the left of the dash goes out.  The s tarter does not engage after the tractor has run up to speed as it did before.  However, the ammeter is not indicating the alternator is  charging.  The schematic I have shows a 50amp fuse labeled PB50 or PV50 the location is stated as front dashboard, but I have not found one there yet.  Does anyone have any experience??
  • MTZ 1220 w/ Kr-34 loader, Belarus 8345 w/ Koyker loader, Belarus 825 w/ Memo loader, White 2-105, Case 1270,

damengineer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • That Dam Engineer LLC
822 electrical problems
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 10:44:48 AM »
My 822 would not start, the starter would not engage.  24V switch would acturate but no starter.  One of hte screws that holds the solenoid onto the starter had vibrated out and the solenoid case was out of alignment.  However, after getting it all together I started up and drove about 300 ft and the starter engaged.  I staopped and restarted it and after it ran about 15 seconds the starter again engaged.  I finally had to quit.  It appears the interlock relay is bad.  I have ordered both relays in the circuit and another ignition switch as my switch is frozen and I had connected a switch to the 24v switch to actuate the starter.  Perhaps the ignition switch is stuck in start position and causing the problem.  If replacement does not work, then complete rewiring is in order...