• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 8345 - part number for PTO adjusting screw?  (Read 229 times)

BinVa

• View Profile
Re: 8345 - part number for PTO adjusting screw?
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 04:58:53 PM »
Thank you Arie... I sourced the parts and had them overnighted from a local(?) dealer.
What a job...fought me all the way. Breaking down the PTO cluster to replace the drive drum was a bear! removing some of the snap rings and gears. About 3hrs to remove and replace the drive drum. Replacing the cluster into the axle houseing was somewhat disconcerting, aligning the gear set and carrier bearing, because of the torque required to set the bearing into the housing...after a couple of trials with a 24Ē breaker bar with little or no movement of the cover plate...I went for broke and used the impact gun. Thatís what it took to push the bearing home. After a quick dry run to check that everything appeared to work... refilled gearcase with oil.
After 2 clutch adjustments in the field(running a JD 566 round baler) all seems to be running fine. Total time investment 1(old guy) 7hrs. Lesson learned? ďI donít want to do that again!! B.
  • 8345 w/2846QT bushhog loader
Belarus 8345 and Several Green Tractors

arie515

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • MTZ Equipment Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 03:49:50 PM »
We can help you with parts catalog, so you can identify the part numbers.
We also provide original OEM parts from North American warehouse, if you need.
Email me aprilik[at]mtzequipment[dot]com or call 1-855-246-4689 x222

BinVa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 07:07:18 PM »
PTO removed. Brake band was without any lining remaining and drum was scored by adjuster screw and band. Everything apart and waiting on new parts to arrive. I will be replacing the run/start drum, brake band and adjuster screw. The PTO brake side looks good so will reinstall old parts. Not a bad job, about 2hrs. To tear down, hopefully the installation will go without issue. Magnetic trans drain plug had some shavings but all in all didnít seem excessive. B.

BinVa

• View Profile
8345 - part number for PTO adjusting screw?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 04:50:30 PM »
I have lost the PTO drive in my 8345, started as a slip then stopped driving. I have adjusted it in the past, so familiar with the adjustment process. This time it appears I have a broken adjustment screw for PTO clutch bands.
I have removed the top plate and exposed the 2 adjuster screws, the rear screw run/start adjuster was lose...I lifted it from the housing and it appears to be broken in the threaded area. I beleave it must have broken at the clutch band(?).
Any ideas? I plan to order a new adjuster screw and PTO band...anything else potentially needed?
Any tricks/tips for removing/installing the rear PTO cover and clutch cluster. Never had to go this deep into it before.
Thanks in advance. B.